Thursday, November 18, 2010

A true friend....

Yes, Michele, this is about you.  I'm still sitting here sniffling, good sniffles....about you and what you have done so selflessly.  Having read that it's my daddy's birthday, and living near where he is buried, Michele just picks herself up, goes on over, finds his grave and sets to work.  She cleans, oils, shines it all up, placing beautiful flowers....snaps some pictures and sends them off to me.  Just because.  That is who she is.

I met Michele in 1992 when I went to work at the Red Lion Hotel in San Jose.  She was my assistant and her husband was a colleague of mine.  Michele soon became more than someone I worked with and our relationship soared to friends....the kind of friends that you declare shall take care of your children if something should happen to you someday.  Time would fly by, distance come between, but no matter how rarely we'd speak, it was always as if it was just yesterday.

Michele has that rare quality of always putting others first, true true selflessness.  Something I've admired in her since day one.  Only recently have I realized that I failed to tell her how much she truly meant to me and how much I have admired her all these years.  Someone to emulate.  Each day in the world is much better simply because of her.  I love you dearly Michele and your random act of kindness and love is appreciated by my entire family.  I love that you said "I had a nice visit with him" in talking about it.  The tears just keep coming and I'll welcome them.  Thank you for being in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment