Friday, December 21, 2012

Getting out and about.....

Last Sunday I went to Cirque du Soleil....which I've been going to for what....23 years now?  Waaaay back when, the big wigs stayed at the hotel I worked in when they came to San Jose and I coordinated their stay, so they handed me tickets to Cirque.....my mind thought....weird French-Canadian circus with no animals.  PASS!  Well thankfully I decided to take a friend and check it out.  Sunday I saw the 20th anniversary show of Saltimbanco and I saw it the first time around....yes, 20 years ago.  Scary huh?

Tonight I saw Trans Siberian Orchestra, my second time seeing them.  It was their debut of THE LOST CHRISTMAS.  The show was amazing.  Most incredible light show I've ever seen, check this out below.

The music phenomenal and they played my favorite, Wizards of Winter.  We had the best seats, very near us were the platforms that raise into the air with musicians on them, shoot fire....and probably other things I forgot!  Second time two musicians went up on the platforms they stood right in front of us about four feet, looking us in the eye.  Was incredible.  I will never miss their shows!
 
We are incredbily lucky to have Cedar Park Center so close.  My dream is that they put together series tickets....giving you seats at a number of different events.  Just looking for them to continue pulling in new shows.  Close, easy parking, what more can you ask for if the shows arrive?


No comments:

Post a Comment