Friday, January 24, 2014

Bucket list of sorts....

Stacy has lived in San Antonio since 1979 if I remember right.  You know how it is when you live somewhere, you don't do the things the tourists do.  He hasn't EVER been to the Alamo and he's a native Texan.  Being the tourist type brain I am, I want to see and do all the things around here and explore.  So....we have an agreement.  Every weekend we are going to do "something".  Whether it's hunt out a new coffee shop, walk to the stores down the way, go to one of the many nearby museums or sites....  San Antonio, seventh largest city in the USA, there is plenty to do.  Most of those posts are going to be in my Vagabond blog, tab above.  That is the "Texas and beyond" blog.  But this week....

Last Friday night we went to Earl Abels, a local spot with food much better than I expected.  I guess it's a San Antonio institution and been around for ages.  Now this isn't the first time we've been here, but this time we actually accomplished one of the things we wanted....Stacy got his picture taken with the maitre d'.   Next time it's my turn.

He's a statue of sorts, by the way.  The maitre d', not Stacy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment