Friday, April 3, 2015

So much, so fast


Be careful what you ask for.....

Stacy is a firm believer in the power of visualization.  I haven't grasped that entirely yet but I do know when I'm told "let's do...." to me it means "GO!"  Things tend to happen fast when I'm put on them.

In Decembere Stacy threw out the "let's move closer to your job since I'm retired and we are starting a new life."  Words I never thought I'd hear as I know how much his house has meant to him.  Nothing I pursued, figured in time.....plus we had a wedding we were planning and a child at home still.

Life keeps changing, child moves out, we get married, I get promoted to director.  That last means that any alarm that goes off or any issue....guess who gets called and needs to get in?  30 minute commute, minimum.

Stacy's shoulder has been an issue for 2.5 years since his motorcycle accident and he has already had two surgeries, he's been convinced things are still wrong and is pursuing a third as the muscle seems to have been cut and healed wrong, bones, not setting in place right and the biggie is the constant pain.  Big pain.

One week ago....Stacy says "GO!" to me on house and he's in middle of doc stuff, CT scans, tests etc for his shoulder.  I issue the warning.....it could happen you know....

This house is a mess, not level, old, lots of miscellaneous things to do to make it sellable.  Lots.  And even then it would need to be a special buyer.  Talk to the agent.....21 days before we put on market so we can get things done, etc, and "oh by the way, here's the name of an investor we know you might want to contact for us as he could be interested in buying our house."

Next day....investor looks and makes an offer.  Yup.  Not listed, house is sold.  21 day closing.  Rent back for 30 days.  ZOOOM!!!!

Tonight I do prequalification paperwork and Monday we look for a new home.  Better start visualizing what we want.....

No comments:

Post a Comment