Tuesday, September 21, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things.....

Sitting at my desk today, the window is just to my left offering me a glimpse of grey sky and wet.  The air has been much cooler here in Texas lately, something that I have enjoyed immensely.  Looking back toward the scene I'd been part of, I saw it with fresh eyes.  My desk is a very good reflection of what I enjoy most.  So.....rummage around and find my iPhone in this clutter, slip it out from beneath a book and *click* a photo, a little snapshot of my life.  The result is above.

Highlighters to emphasize things I find in my reading that I love and want to remember or refer back to.  Source of caffeine.  Lotions.....fragrant lotion.  Post it notes, again to refer back to things and make notes about what really hit me about something I read, or simply to be a bookmark, placing the edge exactly where I left off.  Electronics, specifically a computer with a headset (way to the left) for talking to friends all around the world......my iPhone which was actually in my hands but prior had been just under the front cover of the book.  Rolodex, representative of my friends and contacts, which are now mainly in my phone.....but also representing all those wondrous places on the internet that I frequent and all those passwords and variations of that you need to remember.  One number, multiple numbers, numbers and an uppercase letter, add a symbol.  Finally…BOOKS!  Ideas far and wide, accepted or controversial, opening doors and imagination.  No one can take what you put inside your head and books are one of my favorite methods of transport.  This one happens to be The Arrival by Shaun Tan.  You should go find it at your local library and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment