Friday, September 24, 2010

This made my day......

Last semester I had a Master's class that started as a real struggle.  I didn't think some of the grading was fair and the inconsistencies on the part of the professor played into that.  In spite of challenging the first project grade, my partner and I couldn't get anything changed.  We ended up with a B in the class but if we could have gotten some consideration, would have walked with an A.  Fine.  Move on.

Today I got the following email from that instructor....

I am teaching LS 1234 Youth Programs again this semester. I would like to provide students with an example of a completed program proposal which includes all of the elements required of this assignment.

Would you be willing to allow me to share the program proposal that you developed for LS 1234 Youth Programs this summer, and if so, can I credit you for developing it (or would you prefer to remain anonymous)? If I do have permission, I will use the original proposal that you submitted.

Thank you for your consideration on this matter.


I can NOT express how wonderful this made me feel.  Those example  papers I've received in classes are like the unattainable, everything you strive for to be.  To be asked for permission to be one?  Absolutely blows my mind and has me on the edge of crying out of pure joy, especially after how the semester ran. 

OK let's just top that all off with a cherry.  The next email was from my current professor.  We've recently started a new semester and have been waiting for grades and feedback on the group participation and our book review blogs.  Being I'm working on an entirely new set of book reviews, I've been very tentative, not knowing if I was on the right track.  HUGE SIGH.  Full points for all and lots of praise. I can not emphasize the relief and the tears just waiting to spill (out of happiness).

No comments:

Post a Comment