Saturday, December 18, 2010

Glory

My sweet Glory - in the front.  She was born Its J Sirius on April 21, 2000.....sire Its Aclevercatch dam KC Dark Star.  Came to us in April 2004 as a foster and by the end of an hour it was clear I had failed fostering.  Died today....December 18, 2010.  She was almost 11 years old, good for a greyhound.

When she arrived, she was very afraid, growling if we tried to get near her on her bed.  We used to say that she thought we were going to cook her up and eat her, she was so growly.  We called her our girrrrrrl.  After about two years she relaxed and eventually lost all her reservations.  She'd come nudge me and run back and forth to her bed, not relaxing til I came and lay down and snuggled her.  Far cry from the girl she used to be.

She's a true rescue story....coming from what I believe was not the best situation, bounced a couple of homes til she found us....she was being saved for us I truly believe.  Today she joins her brother Blaze at the rainbow bridge where they can run together, pain free .

No comments:

Post a Comment