Thursday, March 21, 2013

Experience it all.....


Kim said something to me in our conversation the other day that has had me thinking.  We were talking about emotion and how people hold back in relationships sometimes, to lessen the hurt if it doesn't work.  Well she related a story where a man was like this his whole marriage, always held back because he wanted to lessen the hurt if something happened.  Guess what?  Something did happen, his wife died and it DID NOT lessen the hurt.  It was as intense as if he had lived with abundant joy, love and despair, as if he had let himself feel it all. 

Think about it.  I know I do it....hold back, wait.  WHY?????  I've decided not to be afraid of emotion, I want to experience it, all of it.  We never know when our last day will be or the last day of our loved one.  Make the most of every moment, live it and feel it.  No longer afraid of experiencing emotion.  I'm going for the gusto.

No comments:

Post a Comment