Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tatata

Keep It Simple Stupid.  I've always subscribed to that.  About 20 years ago I started consciously reading about simplicity and sustainability.  I've always had this urge in me, keep things simple, back to the basics, it's not rocket science....life just doesn't have to be crazy wild and complicated.  Talk.  Be honest.  Communicate.  Listen.  Forgive.  Love.  Simple to me. 

But....I've lived the complicated life regardless, trying annually to renew my resolutions aiming toward simplicity and genuineness.  I think I'm getting there.  I feel like I've found the pivotal point. 

Well.....first, I did find someone that shares a lot of these ideas and thoughts and beliefs withe me and encourages the positive thinking and has made me think of things in a new way....be more open.  Big help and doesn't hurt that I'm falling for him either.  Hard.  Makes me listen even more.

Things I am discovering mean a lot to me are along the line of zen, Buddah, Eastern wisdom and medicine.  Natural healing.  Simplicity.  Sustainability.  Natural materials.  Food that "knows where it comes from."  I feel like I've found a gold mine to research.  Some of my favorite things or things I desire lately are:
...Kombucha, particularly Buddha's Brew Pineapple SuperGreens
...Daily time in the sun to think/meditate - this was a gift from the man mentioned above...his practice that really hit my core.
...Eckhardt Tolle's A NEW EARTH.  Also have THE POWER OF NOW that I'm aching to read.  About being in the NOW.  Letting go of the ego. 
...PEACE IS EVERY STEP by Thich Nhat Hanh - another phenomenal book.
...zenhabits.org.    Outstanding blog, I can't even do it justice praising it.  It captures just what I'm after and want in life.  Peace.  Simplicity.  Happiness.
...desires: to meditate, learn yoga, create a life/home of happiness.  Last night Stacy and I were talking and I mentioned that I've wanted to create a life with someone, build something together.  He put it simply, almost painfully simply and I ache for it too.  He said he wants to be part of a HAPPY TEAM.  To be on that path, on that team with him....my desire.

These are just a few of the things that describe the things that bring me peace, happiness.  I am learning to live in the NOW.  NOW.  Not the past, you can't change it.  Not the future, for if you daydream of the future, you are missing living NOW.  And you can only live now.  I'm getting it, Eckhardt Tolle is driving that home.

I want to do more research on meditation, Buddha, homeopathy, Chinese medicine.  I want to read the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu.  Lots of learning left in life.  Lots of happiness, lots of peace.

Buddha called it tatata - the suchness of life, being one with reality.  THAT is what I desire.  Working on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment