Friday, March 16, 2018

.....petunia peppercorn, what the heck?

I actually bought my own domain and signed up for webhosting and created a website, PETUNIA PEPPERCORN.  For years, I had wanted to purchase that domain as that was my nickname growing up (see below).  I thought that basically transferring everything from Musings would be my goal and add in "so much more" that you can do with a website.  Well.  PIA in my opinion.  Just another thing to do, monitor spam, add programs that filter and block spam, and I got a headache trying to get Pinterest to verify my site or whatever they do.  Never achieved that one.  Anyway.....I realized that however off and on this blog is, it has recorded periods of my life and I don't want to lose that.  I let go of my hosted website and simply pointed PETUNIAPEPPERCORN.COM here since I own it.  Not sure I'll keep it, but it does exist.  And back to blogging I go.

What is below was my "ABOUT" portion and explains why the name.  I'm back.  Again.
I’m Sandy Underwood from San Antonio, Texas. I’ve only been in Texas 13 years, don’t think I’m anything close to a native. My husband (John Stacy, he goes by Stacy) is a native though. We met in 2012 online and eloped in 2014, two years to the date after we first met F2F. I’m a librarian, mom of two grown daughters, and a constant knowledge seeker.
Growing up, my mom nicknamed me Petunia Peppercorn.  Where in the world it came from, I have no clue.  I just know that you say that name to one of my siblings and they know just who you are talking about.  My older brother often refers to me as simply “Petunia” and I’m sure that on Facebook, people wonder what that’s all about.  As a teen in the 70’s I had a leather bracelet with Petunia tooled on it.  The name has always just been “me” and special.
Years ago I found that the domain PetuniaPeppercorn.com was available for purchase and I was tempted.  It’s been in the back of my mind for years to purchase it, but…..”it’s too long”  rang in my brain repeatedly.  Too bad, it’s me.  Bitly and other great URL shortness exist just for me!  So, low and behold, this odd, icy, snowy San Antonio day, I purchased the website and jumped on the website bandwagon for myself.  I’ve created two websites for government entities in the past and now it’s time for my own.
I’m interested in so many things, but what is so important in my life comes down to saving memories via pictures and words (blogging), Essential Oils (EOs), Mindfulness, and simply stuff that rattles around in my mind … like recipes and why I can’t find the perfect recipe “box” online.  Yes, my mind rambles.  A LOT.  I’m a librarian. Knowledge and constantly learning is important to me, so I’ll be recording my ramblings here and I’m sure we will all watch the tabs expand in topics.
Comment, react, share.  I’d love some interaction and to hear hear your thoughts.  I simply ask you be open to ideas.  I’m always open to changing my mind if you can convince me.  Deep conversation welcome, shallow small talk….not so much.
Welcome…..to Petunia Peppercorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment