Monday, October 18, 2010

And the skills keep improving....

There it is.....the faucet I just put in.  Slowly, I'm acquiring skills I never thought I'd have.  Plumbing 101 this time.  So....what happened is....leaky bad faucet.  Went to the store to get replacement stems...turns out they were $14 each and needed two, so I'd be out the door at $28.  Hmmmm not a chance when an entirely new faucet, more modern, starts at $24.  Sure, I have a double vanity, but it is soooo dated with the old acrylic handle balls.....I decided to go for it.  The lady (yes lady again) at Lowe's promised me it'd take 10 - 15 minutes. 

Fast forward to home.  Hmmmm, the cabinets in the bathroom are single openings, gotta wedge my body in there, my upper half needs to be manhandled to make it inside.  VERY squishy in that small space so my arm movement is restricted....but I made it work.  Due to sticking old stuff under the handles, it took me a bit longer than 15 minutes, but not long and not hard at all.  I have a second to do so that they match.

AND....now that I'm realizing....I have a leaky faucet at work.  I should go get one more and replace the work faucet.  Now that is a full service librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment