Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Desk shot

I always find my snapshot of my desk interesting in what it tells about me that I don't even realize.  Little tidbits in this one no one would realize.

Sticky  note on my computer reminding me that we have no copy of Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein *OMG how can that be*, Smokey Mo's cup....yes one of the absolute best BBQ spots out there in all of Texas.  PERSONAL business cards at the front of my card holder since I happen to meet so many ppl at work that I take out of the work environment into my personal life.  Trade Journals open to the tech page.  Books of traditional tales and poetry for children (can you tell what I'm working with in school?).  File standing by the computer holding the latest grant information that I've since completed and submitted.  Fork for eating lunch at my desk while working on grants. 

I love what I do.  The biggest negative is there is so much to learn, so much to do, so much to research and investigate, that I'm tempted to sneak a cot into the back room so I can basically hibernate here and accomplish it all.  Oh, that's what the sunglasses are for....reminder that there is a lovely world outside the door to go live and play in.

No comments:

Post a Comment