Saturday, June 1, 2013

Update

San Antonio this weekend, any surprise?  This weekend is going to be very different than others as Stacy is in a Rehab/Care/Therapy  Center.  Hate it, but he will walk again.  You just don't know what life holds. 

The part that seems so odd about this weekend.....I was so worried about Stacy, what prognosis is, the reality of his health, etc.  Seeing him, I feel better and look forward to many amazing years with him.  I feel even closer and more like this is right.  Every time I see him it's that way......but he's not at home with me.  I overstayed visiting hours and came home without him.  Wandering around the house still feels ok.  I still feel like I should be here, even though he isn't.  I've never been here without him though.  Right now I'm laying in his bed, alone.  On his side.  But it's ok.  Maybe it's that I'm bonding with the house, as he says.  It doesn't feel so much like I'm visiting.  I'm home.  Safe.  Even though he's not here right now.

Tomorrow going to get up and do some planting and water everything I've been working on, then head back to the Center to spend the day.  He's too young to be where he is, dealing with what he is, but he says those days of bigger, faster, better are over.  They have taken their toll.  Now it's on to a funfilled life, just done a bit different.  With the man I love, my adviser and confidante, my best friend.....creating our life, our way.  To find this at our age, treasured, priceless.

Exhausted now.....off to sleep.  I'm thinking we need to name this 1924 house.  It used to be a brothel, you know......

No comments:

Post a Comment