Sunday, September 1, 2013

Java accoutrements

Today is September 1 and I'm chomping at the bit for fall and fall-like weather.  In Texas, that doesn't always mean a lot for quite a while, but I'm enjoying my "eats" file on Pinterest.  I found a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Creamer so......thought I'd see how hard it could be to make your own creamer, I was betting I didn't have to milk the cow so I could handle it.

Off to H-E-B to get all the things I needed (the heavy whipping cream) then back home, start cooking, put on a cup of java to brew.....kitchen smells wonderful.


Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer

ingredients:
1 cup milk (skim ok)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
4 Tbsp pumpkin puree
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

directions:
In a medium saucepan, whisk together the milk, cream, pumpkin, maple syrup, pumpkin spice and cinnamon.  Heat on medium just until it begins to bubble around the edges.  Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.  Strain through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth and refrigerate before using.
from deliciouslyorganic.net


It was quite easy to do, the hardest part was the straining....be patient.  Of course, I could NOT wait for it to be refrigerated before using, so I cheated and put some in my coffee.  Good!!!   I'm sure that tomorrow after the flavors have melded together, it is going to be even better.  I'll have to let you know how it goes....and I've found recipes for peppermint creamer......and more!!  

.....I've really missed cooking, time to get back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment