Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Technology....random thoughts

I ADORE, A.D.O.R.E., scream it from the mountains adore.....technology.  Yet, I can hate it with a passion that makes someone talking to me about it at the time cringe. 

But.....learning and education at our fingertips constantly?  Ability to share with my family, all four siblings at once via a medium called FaceBook?  Pinterest....perfect way for this visual creature to sort and find things....Google Reader to keep track of blogs I like to read.  What can I say?  BRING IT ON!  Way too easy to get distracted, side tracked, lost in another line of thought than what brought me in but oh well.....love the roads traveled to get to where I'm going.

This is a picture of my desk this morning.  Yes, my mug of 641.3373 (that is coffee for you non-bibliophiles), my bowl with my apple core and packet of organic plain grain cereal, stacks of items for cataloging from scratch (shivers at the thought) and my library link and my link of pure selfish interest.....clean eating.  Need to stay mega healthy now that I've lost all the weight.

OK, my personal favorite thing about technology?  Well, seems to be panning out to be my favorite although I went through a love/hate with it for a while....online dating.  Only reason it's in the favorable column at this time is yes, there is someone special and yes, we've made a decision to pursue a LTR.  That's Long Term Relationship for those of you not into text-speak.  If you had talked to me on a day when things weren't going so well, yea, hate online dating.  But at this age in my life, where am I going to meet men?  Men who aren't looking for a "newer model"?  

Lucked out.  Meet John Stacy Underwood.  Good man.

No comments:

Post a Comment