Monday, May 27, 2013

Love this from the ZenBuddhism website.....


"Zen is not a theory, an idea, or a piece of knowledge. It is not a belief, a dogma, or a religion..."
I'm learning about all these things: Buddhism, zen, mindfulness, reiki, chakras, feng shui, alternative  and holistic healing/medicine, juicing, self sufficiency, simplicity.  This is more my path....I was once a bible thumping Baptist and have to admit that yes, I'd like to believe there is a god.  Perhaps.  I just don't know.  But I do know that much of what I believed rather blindly and questioned.....led me down this path to seeking when no one could answer my questions sufficiently.  
The website goes on to say "but rather, it is a practical experience."  THAT I can get my head around and work on.  Life is an experience and I want to live it simply and without stress.  I want to enjoy this second half of my life and make it as beautiful as possible, letting go of the poisons and things that have colored the past.  Letting go of past ways.  Being open to change and beauty.  No regrets.  Seize the day.  Carpe Diem.  And supercalifragilistic.  


No comments:

Post a Comment