Saturday, May 4, 2013

Men are from Mars....Gotta Love 'em

So, who has read MEN ARE FROM MARS, WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS by John Gray?  I now think it should be required reading.  I hadn't read it but if you asked I would have said I had.  Guess that the title is just so stuck in my mind that I figured I must have read it.  Well....I got to Stacy's this weekend and walked in to find a stack of books with this note on it.....
Three or four out of the stack were Mars/Venus ones.  So, I had to start with the basic.  I sat by the pool reading and soon was laughing, stabbing my forefinger at the book saying YES! YES! YES!  (about how women think) and then wham!  I hit the how men think and gulped in air and went oh.my.god.  I have an idea why I've not been good at relationships.  Men don't think like I do.  Things that make me happy and I'd love, make them feel controlled and want to run.  WOW.  And recently I had done some of these things.

I asked Stacy if he'd read any of the books before and no, he hadn't, just knew the Mars/Venus books is an icon and he figured he'd had poor relationships in the past, he needed to figure it out.  I am still sitting here stunned that I was the perfect example for the book in things I'd recently said and done.  And his reaction?  Straight from the book and I was thinking, what the heck?  I finished the book in one sitting, realizing...everything is going to be awesome, what a tool we have.  I look back to my frustration, confusion and now understand. 

I'm sorry that I didn't have these tools before, I think this is a book I want to rub everyone's nose in and demand they read.  But Stacy had a couple good points.  First, he said, if he hadn't messed up in the past, we wouldn't be together today.  Excellent point and now we have a chance to do this right.  Other thing he said is that relationships take work. YES.  And we now are both open to using the tools we have, learning, change and working toward a future.  

By the way.....he loves me  <3       And yes, I'm totally over the top in love with him.  These tools are gonna get some good use.  Now, if you haven't read it, GET OFF YOUR FANNY AND DO SO, you will not be sorry, I promise.  I may even buy or send you a copy, it's that important to me to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment