Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Another to save....LOOKING FOR ALASKA



Yes, another video/slideshow I did.  Again, to keep for the future.  I started doing these for this particular project when I was working on my Masters in Library Science.  Project was to create book trailers, so I used the wonderful book LOOKING FOR ALASKA by John Green and created this.

Funny thing is, I used Melissa as my model when I needed to.  She hadn't read the book though I encouraged her to often.  Probably 2 years after this video was made, she kept hearing about the book, kids raving about it and FINALLY read it and loved it.  Led her to read other books by John Green.  He writes for young adults and is one of the best out there in my opinion, though his covers are extremely lacking in visual appeal.  And YES.....people do judge books by the covers unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment